General Rolling Works (GRW) was bought from Genrec by PAK Engineering in 1999. In 2005, GRW broke away from PAK Engineeringand became a separate Pty Ltd.
Matthew Pavkovich and Trevor Harley are the shareholders and owners of GRW and between them, have 75 years of experience in steel fabrication and engineering industry. They are supported by a team of 45 comprising management, artisans, semi- skilled and admin staff.
Situated in Industria West (Johannesburg) General Rolling specialises in the rolling of steel sections, plates and piping
GENERAL ROLLING HAS EXPANDED SUBSTANTIALLY OVER THE PAST 13 YEARS, AND THE OWNERS/DIRECTORS ARE STILL ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN THE DAY-TO-DAY RUNNING OF THE BUSINESS
General Rolling specialises in the rolling of steel sections, plates and piping and has the most diverse range of plate, pipe and section rollers under one roof – possibly the most diverse in South Africa.
The company offers the following services:
- Roll only – the customer supplies the material and General Rolling only roll-bends the sections to desired diametres;
- Supply and Roll – General Rolling supplies the raw material and roll-bends to required dimensions; and
- Supply, Roll and Weld – General Rolling supplies, roll-bends and welds material to specifications. Its welding shop has facilities for mild steel welding, and a full weld or tack weld is offered.
Our service to customers includes technical advice and know-how, backed by years of experience in the roll-bending of all standard sections. The company has experience in working with a variety of sections in the mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium and copper.
Our workmanship is of a very high standard, and due to the large selection of equipment on site, we offer superior turnaround times compared to competitors. The Directors are committed to a policy of effective Quality Management, and therefore have the full support and endorsement of management, and all levels of personnel are directed to adhere to it.
Objectives are to:
- Increase quality awareness in all personnel
- Meet the customer’s defined requirements and specifications
- Be cost-effective
- Adhere to the agreed delivery schedules
- Work Safely